Empire Physicians Medical Group
Member Rights,Responsibilities and Privacy
- Members have a right to be treated with respect and recognition of their dignity and right to privacy
- Members have a right to receive information about the medical group, health plan, covered services, and member rights and responsibilities
- Members have a right to participate with practitioners in decision making regarding their health care
- Members have a right to a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for their conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Members have a right to access their medical records.Written authorization shall be obtained before medical records can be made available to any person who is not directly concerned with your health care.All communication and records pertaining to the member’s health care will be confidential.Protection of confidential information covers all EPMG internal departments, any contracted entities and treatment settings.
- Members have a right to refuse treatment or leave a medical facility, even against the advice of a physician, provided the member accepts the responsibility and consequences of the decision
- Members have a right to voice complaints or appeals about the medical group or the care provided
- Members have a responsibility to provide, to the extent possible, information that physicians, health care professionals and contracting providers need in order to care for them.
- Members have a responsibility to understand their health problems and participate, to the degree possible, in developing mutually agreed upon treatment goals
- Members have a responsibility to follow the treatment plans and instructions for care that they have agreed on with their physicians or other contracted medical providers
- Members have a responsibility to pay member copayments or coinsurance at the time of service
- Members have a responsibility to be on time for appointments and to notify practitioners/providers when an appointment must be canceled
- Members have a responsibility to obtain authorization before receiving specialty care and treatment
- Members have a right to request restriction on certain uses and disclosures of information; however the physician is not required to agree with your request
- Members have a right to inspect and obtain a paper copy of health records, except in limited in circumstances, upon written request
- Members have a right to amend their health record. This request must be in writing and state a reason for the amendment.
- Members may obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information for purposes other than treatment, payment or health care operations.
- Members have a right to request confidential communications of your health information by alternative means or alternative locations
- Members may revoke authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken
- EPMG and its physicians will maintain the privacy of member’s health information to the full extent of the law
Copyright © 2017 Empire Physicians Medical Group. All Rights Reserved.