Watermelon is a staple of summer. For your next cookout, why not try this unique spin on the standard fruit? Take your watermelon from sweet to savory in minutes. This side dish goes well with anything else you’re grilling, like ribs or chicken.
- 1 medium-sized watermelon
- 1 TBSP lime zest
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 TSP garlic chili sauce
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice. Add the garlic chili sauce, salt and 3 TBSP of honey.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch thick wedges.
- Lightly drizzle each side with remaining honey and place on grill.
- Grill until just browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place watermelon slices on a plate and drizzle with lime dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Fruits & Veggies — More Matters